Sunday, December 25, 2022

December Log: No water supply day 2

 


Welcome to day two of no water supply and Merry Christmas! I wanted to sleep more in the morning but I had to wake up because Miaa kept on bugging me. Mother asked me if I wanted to tag along to go for a wedding. There was still no water so we cannot cook and other choice was to eat at the wedding and I said yes to wedding food. Not the usual morning routine, after Miaa's breakfast and milk, I let her play first and I quickly took a shower. Not long after that she pooped haha, that was what I am waiting for. I grabbed her and took her in for a shower and we get ourselves ready for the wedding. Adik and Angah were still sleeping in as usual. We left at 11:30 am headed to the wedding. 

After a confusing journey to the wedding venue, we arrived in a beautiful wooden house infused with concrete, looking like a traditional Malay concept home. The wedding hall was at the back of the house. When we arrived, the bride and groom were not out yet so we got lunch and a bunch of other food. I tried giving Miaa some rice but she refused to eat it. In the end, she had keropok, apam and 2 spoons of rice. Remember we had Miaa's bottle delivered yesterday, well we got to use it today! It was so easy to let her to drink. It was just that she still does not know how much intake of water she needed every time she suck the straw, she always ended up coughing but never mind, she is still learning. 

I wanted to compliment the venue which is called Paut. I love the concept. I even love the pelamin. The place was not that big but for sure good enough to let people sit down and talk with each other while having their meals. It was lovely. I like it. If I was not married yet, maybe I would consider this event space hehe. 

Evening comes by and while me and Miaa were taking our naps, Angah woke us up and asked if we want to go to Ucu Julai's school to take a shower because our water in the tanks were all dried up. I immediately prepare the necessities of mine and Miaa's and by 5:30 pm we were on our way to the school at Bukit Tampoi. Ucu Julai was already there as she went ahead around 5:00 pm with Syasya and Abby. Since there were two stalls available for us to take a shower, me and mother went in first and I let Miaa played outside at the playground with Angah and Adik. It was not Miaa's first encounter with playground but it was her first since she can walk. They played with the slide and she seemed to be enjoying herself and did not mind me going away for a while to shower; she always sticks to me like glue. After finishing up and everyone had showered, the clock ticks 6:30 pm and we rushed ourselves to gather our things and headed out. Ucu Julai went to Dengkil first as she needed to pick up the nasi goreng that everybody had ordered while me, Miaa, mother, Angah and Adik went home. 

Driving back home, we got a message saying the water disruption has ended and the supply is coming. Reaching home I quickly checked the faucet and yes! Water! But the colour does not look good. Mother said to let it be for a while. I am just glad that the two days of no water supply was over! 

No comments: