Monday, December 26, 2022

December Log: Kitten kidnaping

 


Twas a lovely morning. Me and Miaa woke up at 9:00 am to an empty house. Not that empty, it was actually just quiet. My parents went out for a while and angah and adik were still sleeping. I checked the schedule for today and we were free all day. As if I have a schedule haha. Since my parents were out, it was just me and Miaa in the morning having breakfast. I fed Miaa first and let her drink milk then I had my breakfast. Both of us did not shower until late morning because there was nowhere to go, why rush it.

By 11:00 am, angah and adik were awake and all of us were doing our things when suddenly angah shouted calling for adik. She was outside hanging the laundry. I rushed out too. I saw Aqil and Ucu Julai were chasing a grey cat. Apparently the grey cat caught Julie's baby (Julie is Ucu Julai's cat). They were trying to get the baby back. Adik joined the chasing but unfortunately the grey cat was running fast into the wood and was never seen after that. Poor Julie, she just gave birth few weeks ago. It was the only kitten that survived. Now she has none. There was no hope for the kitten now. I should stop talking about this, it is making me sad. 

After the incident, we went back to do our thing. Since we have water now, I tried my best to wash all the dirty dishes that was left unwashed. I wanted to clean my room but it was already lunchtime for Miaa. Maybe I will do it tomorrow. It was a chill Monday. The weather was cooperating with all the laundry that we had for the past two days. I even managed to hang my comforter as it was kind of smelly. Miaa was just being Miaa; playing with the cats roughly, scattering all of her toys in the living room, watched Ms Rachel and climbing onto stuff without thinking of the risk (I mean yeah, she is still a baby).


By night time, alang had arrived at the airport from Yogyakarta. Father went to pick her up. I wanted to tag along but mother forbids me from going because Miaa needs to keep a distance from Alang until she showered because covid, of course. When alang came back home, Miaa was already asleep. It was okay, there are always a time to play tomorrow. 

No comments: