Tuesday, December 27, 2022

December Log: A missing cat

 


One more day until my parents going to Umrah. Today was the last day of preparation and I helped all that I could. My morning was a bit freeing. Me and Miaa woke up quite late, quarter past nine in the morning. After Miaa's breakfast and milk, I get myself into the bathroom for a morning shower. Right at that moment, Ucu Julai and Pak Usu Nuri took Miaa with them going to Wancu Kayah's house. I had a relax breakfast although it was just peanut butter sandwich and coffee. 11:00 am came by and Miaa was back home and pooped. It is shower time for her. Right after that, I need to hang my laundry and I brought Miaa outside to sit on her stroller tricycle. She chilled breathing the fresh air while eating keropok given by Ucu Julai while I hanged my laundry. 

While tidying the living room, Miaa picked up a Christmas Tree craft by Uniqlo. I had nothing to do so I tried to assemble it while Miaa was desperately trying to rip the craft paper into pieces. It was actually easy to assemble and took less than two minutes to do it. 

Evening came by and Wancu Kayah was at our house visiting mother since she is going to Umrah tomorrow. Me and Miaa went out for a quick stroll around the house with her stroller tricycle. We met Wan Teh and hangout for a while. She is old now and cannot remember much as she tends to forget two minutes after talking with her but I still enjoyed our conversation together. 

Moving on to the missing cat story. Adik has 3 cats; Momo, Mimi and Mika whom ayah took care of. Earlier they talk about neutering all three of them but adik was always busy and has no time to bring them to vet. The reason to neuter them was to avoid any unwanted pregnancy from the cat but it was too late. One of them is pregnant now. It has been for weeks. I was not sure who is the father but I am guessing the grey cat aka the kidnapper. Today, I heard that father saw the pregnant cat was bleeding when he was cleaning the cage. He lets them out and in the beginning, mother saw all 3 of them together still nearby. By lunchtime, mother called them to feed them fish but the pregnant cat refused to eat. In the evening, mother voiced out her concerned as she has not seen the bleeding pregnant cat anywhere. Then, adik came back home from work and mother told him what happen. He went out to search for the pregnant cat but the cat was nowhere to be found. Adik was devastated. And I am getting sad writing about this missing cat story. There could only be two things happen to the cat; either the cat died of bleeding somewhere, never to be seen again and adik left with 2 cats or the cat probably already gave birth somewhere but still unsure of the survival of the cat and kitten since this is the first pregnancy and I do not think the cat knows what to do. I am just hoping and praying for the cat to be okay. 

No comments: